Chances after withdrawing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralgaucho

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year student who goes to a non-Berkeley/UCLA UC school. During fall quarter, I got in a bad bike accident so I had to withdraw for the quarter. How will this affect my chances at the following schools for the upcoming cycle?

I'm applying to:
UCLA
UoP
USC
ASU
Loma Linda
UCSF
Western
Columbia

oGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.4
I've gotten 6 Cs and 1 D in bio/chem. My GPA over the last 2 years should be around 3.6 but I have a quarter with 5 Ws.

DAT: 24AA, 25TS, 26 BIO, 29 OCHEM, 23 GCHEM, 21 PAT, 21 QR, 21 RC

Research in an ecology lab for 1.5 years because plants are dope
~150 dental shadowing hours
Decent but not great amount of community service
Decent letters

Also I've never posted before so sorry if i did this in the wrong place. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Fantastic DAT scores, congrats. You have a solid GPA.

Now, are those 6 Cs and 1 D a result of your accident?

No, my accident was this year. I was just really lazy my sophomore year and didn't try at school.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Ws won't be an issue. All schools care about are those numbers. Definitely be prepared to talk about them in interviews though.

I had close to the same GPA (3.5/3.5), identical DAT (24/25), and close to the same shadowing (125) and research (1-1.5 year). Applied 10, interviewed 7 (Columbia was one of them). Good luck next cycle and enjoy it.

Ay gaucho UCSB. With that DAT score you have great chances everywhere and your GPA is not bad as well. Maybe apply to a few more safeties like NYU and LECOM?

W should not be an issue if it is documented and reported. Your situation seems to be a legitimate health reason.

Any concern that those W's might cause will definitely be cancelled out by that stellar DAT score! I think you'll be fine friendo :)

Reactions: 1 user
oGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.4
I've gotten 6 Cs and 1 D in bio/chem. My GPA over the last 2 years should be around 3.6 but I have a quarter with 5 Ws.

DAT: 24AA, 25TS, 26 BIO, 29 OCHEM, 23 GCHEM, 21 PAT, 21 QR, 21 RC

Research in an ecology lab for 1.5 years because plants are dope
~150 dental shadowing hours
Decent but not great amount of community service
Decent letters

GPA+DAT combo and extracurriculars look great. But those C's and D, along with all those W's (are they all from the same quarter you got into the bike accident?) might make admissions a little curious. Just be prepared to explain everything if asked and I think you should be just fine