Drhopeful2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I am in the process of applying to AUC and SGU and wanted to see if anyone especially a student from either school could give me feedback on my chances.
I have a 2.8cGPA and a masters degree with a 3.3 there
38P MCAT
Shadowed various physicians and research with no publications.
Any feedback is appreciated.

demayette

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I am in the process of applying to AUC and SGU and wanted to see if anyone especially a student from either school could give me feedback on my chances.
I have a 2.8cGPA and a masters degree with a 3.3 there
38P MCAT
Shadowed various physicians and research with no publications.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Your chances are great for SGU/AUC. You should apply to US schools with that MCAT.

Drhopeful2009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I applied this past year and had no luck. I am a non-trad who worked a bit and went back for my MS before applying so I am not sure I want to wait another year to reapply

sshashid87

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Did you do an SMP, or just some other master's program? You'll get in to SGU/AUC, but with a 38, do you really want to go? Go to an SMP that guarantees an interview at the affiliated medical school provided you pass certain standards...Drexel comes to mind...

You don't want to go to Caribb. with a 38...

Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Status
Medical Student
I applied this past year and had no luck. I am a non-trad who worked a bit and went back for my MS before applying so I am not sure I want to wait another year to reapply
Not the purpose of the thread, but I noticed your GPA stats - what M.S. program did you do and where? My GPA stats are in that range, and I don't know where to apply for M.S. degrees that would take me with my GPA. If you'd like, you can just PM me. Thanks for the help!

TopsyKrett

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Please do yourself a favor and wait to apply. you have an amazing mcat score and with a masters degree I can't see why you wouldn't be accepted in the US for either MD or DO. Trust me you will have better opportunities in the states and you will get in somewhere. Just apply to more & different schools than you did last year. You will get into carib school for sure though. I am at AUC by the way. So I understand you not wanting to go through the process again, but really? 38???? Great job!