Chances at DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sotvanpardis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you have any DO exposure? There's still time to try and shadow a DO doctor and possibly get a LoR.

The stats look fine to me. But one of the biggest things is whether or not you're a good fit for their school. And that means being able to tell the difference between DO and MD, and having a good reason why you prefer DO (which would be difficult to explain if you have no DO exposure)

GL

Members don't see this ad :)
My DO exposure is minimal. I worked with 2-3 DOs at the ER during their shifts but my letter is from an MD.
Having a LOR from a DO would go a long way. Perhaps approaching one of the DO's you worked with is an option.

Stats look good. Write good essays, have people proof read them, and you should have a shot at getting in. Good luck!

Hi guys,

So this is the first time I am posting here. I was wondering if I could get some feedback at my chances for DO schools with the following stats (I'm a Texas resident):
GPA: 3.75 overall
MCAT: 503 (I got a 123 on the verbal )
1 year of research experience
1 year of hospital volunteer experience
8 months of hospice volunteer experience
and 1.5 years of ongoing ER scribe job
Thank you in advance for your help
You're fine for any DO school, including mine. Note: lacking a DO LOR won't hurt (except at schools that require one) but having one WILL help.