Chances at EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brownie3242

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need someone to tell me to chill I think 🙂
I'm an M4 applying EM. Low-tier MD, 6/6 honors, 246 step 2 (I took it during a rotation because of how scheduling works at my school). For context, I thought I was applying peds until M3 year and had a change of heart.

Leadership: Very strong, multiple student council positions
Research: 5 pubs, 3 first author
Volunteering: got very involved with one organization M1 + M2 year, some scattered volunteering M3 + M4 year
AOA: not determined yet
Gold Humanism: nominated, but didn't make it 🙁
I'll have three SLOEs-- one from the rotation I just completed, one from the rotation I'm halfway done with, and I'll get one more. I've been busting my booty on these rotations, but i'm not sure how these evaluations will be. At the first place, I think I got good evaluations but might be ranked a bit lower than their home students. At my current rotation, I just had my midclerkship meeting and had all positive comments but mediocre scores. So, this may be a weak point which is freaking me out, because I don't really feel like I can control it (I'm only getting positive verbal feedback).

So, I'm concerned about SLOEs and I'm concerned that I don't exactly have EM-focused extracurriculars since I made the switch at the beginning of my M3 year.

Also, I'm hoping to match an inner-city level 1 program, more community-based than academic (I want to learn everything). The programs I'm looking at have step averages closer to 250.

I'm worried about nothing, right? Like I'll probably match somewhere? Any advice appreciated