Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I originally posted in another forum, so excuse the repeat.
I just got my score back from taking my first mcat (5-12-12 exam) and this was my outcome:
11V
8P
10B
29M
This was my first time taking it, and only had a chance to study for it for little less than a month. I went to a pretty good state school, and graduated lat december with a 3.81GPA, majored in Microbiology and enough shadowing, etc.
I've done long term research (same lab) for 2.5 years, and a summer internship at an ivy league school (although i'm not sure this really matters). I'm on a published paper, with 2 others submitted for review. attended conferences, presented at a few (but for undergrad students), and I'm currently doing research at a top 20 school as well for this year.
I definitely am planning to retake in late july (currently looking for seats near me!), but I'm also really worried, because I'm working full time, and am not sure if that stamina to study/practice again will be there...and am also a little let down.
I'm realistic and would like to go to a good mid-tier school, and I'm thinking of submitting my app early (as its ready now), with my retake intention indicated on the amcas. Is this reasonable?
Please, any advice on where to go from here would be great. thanks
I originally posted in another forum, so excuse the repeat.
I just got my score back from taking my first mcat (5-12-12 exam) and this was my outcome:
11V
8P
10B
29M
This was my first time taking it, and only had a chance to study for it for little less than a month. I went to a pretty good state school, and graduated lat december with a 3.81GPA, majored in Microbiology and enough shadowing, etc.
I've done long term research (same lab) for 2.5 years, and a summer internship at an ivy league school (although i'm not sure this really matters). I'm on a published paper, with 2 others submitted for review. attended conferences, presented at a few (but for undergrad students), and I'm currently doing research at a top 20 school as well for this year.
I definitely am planning to retake in late july (currently looking for seats near me!), but I'm also really worried, because I'm working full time, and am not sure if that stamina to study/practice again will be there...and am also a little let down.
I'm realistic and would like to go to a good mid-tier school, and I'm thinking of submitting my app early (as its ready now), with my retake intention indicated on the amcas. Is this reasonable?
Please, any advice on where to go from here would be great. thanks