Chances at NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H to the Izzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd appreciate any input you all would have for me on my chances at NYU for this cycle. I just talked to admissions today, and they said that they keep admissions open til June 1st which is remarkably late relative to other schools. But, if necessary, I guess would give me another chance to take the DAT. Anyway, I have a AA 17 TS 18 and PAT 16....overall gpa 3.3 and science of 3.2....on the whole, good LOR's and good shadowing. I am just kinda reluctant about my DAT score, but I guess I would still have time to take it again. I haven't heard anything from them yet, and I don't know how long I should wait until I should consider taking it over?

Members don't see this ad.

H to the Izzy said:
I'd appreciate any input you all would have for me on my chances at NYU for this cycle. I just talked to admissions today, and they said that they keep admissions open til June 1st which is remarkably late relative to other schools. But, if necessary, I guess would give me another chance to take the DAT. Anyway, I have a AA 17 TS 18 and PAT 16....overall gpa 3.3 and science of 3.2....on the whole, good LOR's and good shadowing. I am just kinda reluctant about my DAT score, but I guess I would still have time to take it again. I haven't heard anything from them yet, and I don't know how long I should wait until I should consider taking it over?

When did you applY?

just sent in secondary info. yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
H to the Izzy said:
just sent in secondary info. yesterday.

NYU have a secondary application :confused: Or do you mean your pic and application fees?
I applied at the end of September and my file was complete begining of November and no word yet :eek:
Stats: GPA3.4, Sci GPA3.1; DAT19/19/16
I am starting to get worried and it's killing me just sitting here waiting for them to reply :thumbdown:
Does anyone know how full the class is at this point? Or if they are even offering any more interviews?

I don't mean to break any bubbles, but your 17 on AA would put you right on the border line. On the top of everything else you applied late. At this point, there is nothing else you can do but wait 'till you get something from them. I think you should pull your AA to 18 and be well prepared for interview. How solid is your resume? Do you have any extra activities such as research and volunteering? Strong LOR's would help too.

DB#1 said:
NYU have a secondary application :confused: Or do you mean your pic and application fees?
I applied at the end of September and my file was complete begining of November and no word yet :eek:
Stats: GPA3.4, Sci GPA3.1; DAT19/19/16
I am starting to get worried and it's killing me just sitting here waiting for them to reply :thumbdown:
Does anyone know how full the class is at this point? Or if they are even offering any more interviews?

Calm down, your stats are competitive :thumbup: Keep in mind, NYU class size is 300 and lots of people will decline their NYU acceptance.

Secondary? I didn't fill one out, only during my interview visit.

BTW, I have just called an canceled my NYU acceptance... one more open spot :D