Chances at Optometry

Started by chiefkeef
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chiefkeef

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I'm currently a 4th year student at the University of Toronto, going into my 5th year (not because I didn't finish enough courses, but just having trouble deciding on life). I came into university very set on optometry, then sort of fell off that train, but recently, I've fallen back in love with the career. My GPA is a 3.48, with my last two years being very strong. I have not taken my OAT yet, but I plan to this summer, as well as getting experience shadowing and volunteering at a clinic. My 5th year would be for taking less courses (but I still have to take the biochem prereq), and hopefully for being more active in volunteering or working. Waterloo is probably my primary choice, do I have a realistic chance at getting in if I complete everything I have to?

Thanks!
 
Waterloo usually accepts a grade average from minimum 79%! If you kill your OAT (get above 370 averages) and have stellar extra-currics then you definitely have a higher chance of getting in. Hope that helps and goodluck 🙂