1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

chances at the UW?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mr.dds, Jul 27, 2006.

1. mr.dds

mr.dds New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey, so I've taken my DAT and actually just submitted my app through aadsas. My gpa is a 3.54 , science gpa is around a 3.3. DAT scores are as follows:

PAT 22
    QR 21
    RC 18
    BIO 20
    GC 20
    OC 19
    TS 19
    AA 20

I've volunteered and job shadowed dentists for the past few months now, I think I've just about accumulated almost 100 hrs of dental experience. I was just hired as a dental assistant at a private practice but wasn't able to put that on my app before I submitted. I'm a little worried that my DAT isn't quite high enough... so I'm asking for feedback. I really want to go to UW as I'm a wash resident and went there for undergrad. Feedback appreciated!

2. tom_servo_dds

tom_servo_dds Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If it's for a specific school you may just want to contact the office there and see what they think. They can then compare to last years stats and give you a more realistic expectation. There are certainly other factors than the ones you've listed, but this would be a good starting point. Good luck! :thumbup:

3. jorUW

jorUW Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Wow, we are very similar applicants... I may have to make you disapear ;) . I interviewed at UW last year, but didn't even make the waitlist :( I submitted two weeks before the deadline though, so hopefully i'll have better luck this year. UW takes a decent range of applicants from what i've seen. Most of the dental students that I've talked w/ tell me that diversity is important to the school. I assume you've looked at last years' class profile. If not, it's on their website. It includes Averages & Ranges (DAT/GPA) , Schools, Majors, etc of the 2006 entering class. PM me your name if you dont care, I bet we had some classes together. Good luck to you, hopefully they want two average dudes from UW next year :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EmanUT

EmanUT Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I applied to UW but am not a Washington resident. I do live in a WICHE state, so I hope I'll still have a shot!

5. OP
    OP
    mr.dds

mr.dds New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm wondering whether or not I should retake the DAT... yeah, sucks to go through the studying again but if I could raise it at least 2 points, wouldn't hurt... I kinda felt like I may have rushed into taking it the first time, 2 weeks after spring quarter had ended. Then again, what are the chances I could improve that much :(

I dunno, any thoughts?