chances at the UW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr.dds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I've taken my DAT and actually just submitted my app through aadsas. My gpa is a 3.54 , science gpa is around a 3.3. DAT scores are as follows:

PAT 22
QR 21
RC 18
BIO 20
GC 20
OC 19
TS 19
AA 20

I've volunteered and job shadowed dentists for the past few months now, I think I've just about accumulated almost 100 hrs of dental experience. I was just hired as a dental assistant at a private practice but wasn't able to put that on my app before I submitted. I'm a little worried that my DAT isn't quite high enough... so I'm asking for feedback. I really want to go to UW as I'm a wash resident and went there for undergrad. Feedback appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

mr.dds said:
Hey, so I've taken my DAT and actually just submitted my app through aadsas. My gpa is a 3.54 , science gpa is around a 3.3. DAT scores are as follows:

PAT 22
QR 21
RC 18
BIO 20
GC 20
OC 19
TS 19
AA 20

I've volunteered and job shadowed dentists for the past few months now, I think I've just about accumulated almost 100 hrs of dental experience. I was just hired as a dental assistant at a private practice but wasn't able to put that on my app before I submitted. I'm a little worried that my DAT isn't quite high enough... so I'm asking for feedback. I really want to go to UW as I'm a wash resident and went there for undergrad. Feedback appreciated!

If it's for a specific school you may just want to contact the office there and see what they think. They can then compare to last years stats and give you a more realistic expectation. There are certainly other factors than the ones you've listed, but this would be a good starting point. Good luck! :thumbup:

mr.dds said:

PAT 22
TS 19
AA 20

I really want to go to UW as I'm a wash resident and went there for undergrad. Feedback appreciated!

Wow, we are very similar applicants... I may have to make you disapear ;) . I interviewed at UW last year, but didn't even make the waitlist :( I submitted two weeks before the deadline though, so hopefully i'll have better luck this year. UW takes a decent range of applicants from what i've seen. Most of the dental students that I've talked w/ tell me that diversity is important to the school. I assume you've looked at last years' class profile. If not, it's on their website. It includes Averages & Ranges (DAT/GPA) , Schools, Majors, etc of the 2006 entering class. PM me your name if you dont care, I bet we had some classes together. Good luck to you, hopefully they want two average dudes from UW next year :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to UW but am not a Washington resident. I do live in a WICHE state, so I hope I'll still have a shot!

I'm wondering whether or not I should retake the DAT... yeah, sucks to go through the studying again but if I could raise it at least 2 points, wouldn't hurt... I kinda felt like I may have rushed into taking it the first time, 2 weeks after spring quarter had ended. Then again, what are the chances I could improve that much :(

I dunno, any thoughts?