Chances for Atlantic Bridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nessy5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First time posting here, thought I would seek some general advice. Canadian in finishing my fifth and final year.

Overall GPA: 3.0 (very low I know), strong upward trend. 3.7 in each of last two years.
MCAT: 514
EC's: Extensive volunteer experience both in the community and lab setting. Varsity Athlete and have competed for a national team. I could list lots of small details but I don't think its necessary.

At first glance does anyone have thoughts on me applying to the Atlantic Bridge program. Do I have a shot? Also any thoughts on taking a masters to get my GPA up and then applying to Canadian Schools?

Advice from people who have been in similar situations would be appreciated. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

I would honestly apply to Queens and Western. You have a 3.7 in each of the last 2 years which meet both Queens and Western's criteria. Queens is more holistic and would love your ECs and Western would love your MCAT if you meet their cutoffs.

I would apply to Ireland but I honestly could see you getting into medical school in Canada. The interesting thing about Ireland is they probably will like your MCAT and your upward trend. I think you will get into at least one place, but the overall GPA is very low and I can't be positive.