chances for diagnostic radiology

Started by yeet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yeet

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry if these types of questions are annoying! (just a worried ms3!)

24x step 1 with no rads research

H in medicine, not done w surgery yet. Good MSPE comments

undergrad degree in computer science and work experience in software engineering

Can I match DR without rads research?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ty for the replies. yes US MD!

Is it recommended to get an IM LOR + radiology letters? I can get an IM letter from my clerkship, but I was wondering about how students get radiology letters if there isn't much a student can do on a radiology elective/sub-i?
 
I've been told 2 letters from core clerkships and 1 radiology letter. Do an away rotation for radiology, show up early and don't ask to leave. Ask to do a case report (will help your CV too). Ask to do a presentation during didactics (most require this). Then tell the PD that you are applying rads and politely ask for a LoR.
 
I would not recommend doing an away rotation. To get letters, get involved with the rads dept at your institution and do some QI research. That's how you get the letter -- from your QI project PI. You'll be fine.