chances for good pediatric residency

Started by Crayola
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Crayola

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations for those who have matched.

I am a 3rd year and have my heart set on pediatrics and am beginning to look at programs. I was wondering where should i be looking with a 233 usmle step 1, excellent and honors grades year 1 and 2. I am willing to go anywhere.😛
 
You should be looking at where ever you want to go. Peds isn't nearly as numbers oriented as many other specialties. There are plenty of people with mediocre scores who get into very good programs. Since your scores aren't mediocre, I can imagine you should be applying to any program you are interested in.