chances for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drabberbadge

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am 25 years old, Reapplicant, non trad
What are my chances? I have a shot at MD /Do schools
Where?
My undergrad Cgpa is 3.69
My undergrad science is 3.64
I had a major upward trend
I did my master s of science and got a gpa of 3.65
I did research for 6 months, 3 years of clinical work/shadowing, worked at a retail store,was a waiter at a restaurant, participated in an exotic car rental company, worked at a liver health clinic, participated in many volunteer events (eye clinic).
I took the mcat 3 times
First time I got a 497 (123/127/123/124)and applied to MD and 1 DO school . I got one interview at a DO school in Pomona CA
But ultimately rejected
I then took the mcat again and got a 497 again (124/124/123/127)so I didn't apply
Just recently I got my third MCAT which is a 505 (128/126/124/127)
I feel my 124 in bio is a big red flag
Anyways should I apply? Do I have any chances anywhere in the US? School list help?
Need a school list for both MD and DO
Thanks
 
You've got a decent shot at DO, throw on a few low-tier MDs as well. I recommend plugging your stats into WedgeDawg's system and formulating your school list there. Search around this forum for what constitutes a low-tier MD and check out the pre-DO forum for that side of things. I can't give you any specific recommendations because I don't know much about DOs.
 
Hi I am 25 years old, Reapplicant, non trad
What are my chances? I have a shot at MD /Do schools
Where?
My undergrad Cgpa is 3.69
My undergrad science is 3.64
I had a major upward trend
I did my master s of science and got a gpa of 3.65
I did research for 6 months, 3 years of clinical work/shadowing, worked at a retail store,was a waiter at a restaurant, participated in an exotic car rental company, worked at a liver health clinic, participated in many volunteer events (eye clinic).
I took the mcat 3 times
First time I got a 497 (123/127/123/124)and applied to MD and 1 DO school . I got one interview at a DO school in Pomona CA
But ultimately rejected
I then took the mcat again and got a 497 again (124/124/123/127)so I didn't apply
Just recently I got my third MCAT which is a 505 (128/126/124/127)
I feel my 124 in bio is a big red flag
Anyways should I apply? Do I have any chances anywhere in the US? School list help?
Need a school list for both MD and DO
Thanks
I think you definitely have a chance somewhere in the US, but only DO schools. Apply broadly to DO and sell your story. I bet you will have luck. Do not apply MD.