Chances for Neurosurg - Low Step 1

Started by raltima07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

raltima07

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I got a low step one score of 220. I am quite interested in neurosurg but I want to know is it a pipe-dream?

I am from a top 25 US medical school. I have 15 publications (7 as first author), LOR from some big name people (not neurosurg), and some good neurology research coming out.

Questions:
Do I have a chance? My dream program would be Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
What can I do to improve (3rd year)?
What kind of step 2 score would help me 'somewhat' overcome step 1?
What would be the highest program I could realistically shoot for?

Thanks!
 
Hey,

I got a low step one score of 220. I am quite interested in neurosurg but I want to know is it a pipe-dream?

I am from a top 25 US medical school. I have 15 publications (7 as first author), LOR from some big name people (not neurosurg), and some good neurology research coming out.

Questions:
Do I have a chance? My dream program would be Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
What can I do to improve (3rd year)?
What kind of step 2 score would help me 'somewhat' overcome step 1?
What would be the highest program I could realistically shoot for?

Thanks!

Did you match? This really sucks, you seem like a really competitive applicant. I really hop you did get where you wanted. The kids on this forum seem to think Step I scores are all that matters, it would be nice to prove them wrong.
 
Did you match? This really sucks, you seem like a really competitive applicant. I really hop you did get where you wanted. The kids on this forum seem to think Step I scores are all that matters, it would be nice to prove them wrong.
You're still on about this... Honestly dude just get off these forums and go study for step 2 if you're so distraught by your sub-average step 1 score.
 
Did you match? This really sucks, you seem like a really competitive applicant. I really hop you did get where you wanted. The kids on this forum seem to think Step I scores are all that matters, it would be nice to prove them wrong.

Very inspirational, did you finally match?