General Admissions & OTCAS Chances for next cycle? Podiatry > O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allsop123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
University: Oakland University in Michigan
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE:
Not taken yet

I did my undergrad from 2008-2012 which was very long ago! Touro website says that "
  • Natural Science and Anatomy/Physiology courses (11 credits) must have been completed within 5 years of matriculation into the program."
So does this mean I would need to re-take these subjects?

My GPA in Podiatry school before leaving was a 3.0

Volunteer: Children's hospital volunteer, Hospice and volunteering in India for 5 months

I also did rotations as a 3rd year Pod student, not sure if that will count as anything.

Applying: Touro College NV

Obviously my application is not nearly ready. I plan to be ready by next cycle. This means shadowing as much as I can, volunteering and possibly taking the classes I need to. Given my circumstances of being a student that left Pod school and having taken classes so long ago, how much of a "botch" will this be on my application? Also, due to circumstances, I will only be applying to Touro.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated in 2010 and had to retake a bunch of classes. As long as you get good grades, it shouldn't impact your application. Good luck.