Status (Visible)
  1. DPT / OTD
University: Oakland University in Michigan
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE:
Not taken yet

I did my undergrad from 2008-2012 which was very long ago! Touro website says that "
  • Natural Science and Anatomy/Physiology courses (11 credits) must have been completed within 5 years of matriculation into the program."
So does this mean I would need to re-take these subjects?

My GPA in Podiatry school before leaving was a 3.0

Volunteer: Children's hospital volunteer, Hospice and volunteering in India for 5 months

I also did rotations as a 3rd year Pod student, not sure if that will count as anything.

Applying: Touro College NV

Obviously my application is not nearly ready. I plan to be ready by next cycle. This means shadowing as much as I can, volunteering and possibly taking the classes I need to. Given my circumstances of being a student that left Pod school and having taken classes so long ago, how much of a "botch" will this be on my application? Also, due to circumstances, I will only be applying to Touro.

Thanks so much!

FINGERS_CROSSED

2+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Occupational Therapy Student
I graduated in 2010 and had to retake a bunch of classes. As long as you get good grades, it shouldn't impact your application. Good luck.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.