Chances for UF Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharmacist2626

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying regular decision to UF Pharmacy Fall of 2018 cycle. My science gpa is 3.2 and cumulative 3.49. My major is Biology with a minor in Nutritional Sciences at UF (undergraduate). My pcat is not so great with composite being 51st percentile. I have two amazing letter of recommendations from UF Faculty, one of them being a distinguished alumni from UF Pharmacy. I have extensive pharmacy experience in 4 countries, and over 2 years of volunteering in two specialized clinical settings. Additionally, I am on the board for two healthcare clubs and just recently got promoted to oversea the Florida chapters of this club. I have two research teams at the UF College of Medicine and the UM Miller School of Medicine, with publications in both. I'm also EMR, BLS/CPR certified and received two UF scholarships. I don't think my gpa and pcat are so great though. I'll be retaking the pcat in January. Can someone please tell me what my chances are? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you’ll be fine. Low PCAT scores typically aren’t an issue if you make up for it in other areas. Just make sure your application essays are good and that you can speak coherently in an interview.

I'm applying regular decision to UF Pharmacy Fall of 2018 cycle. My science gpa is 3.2 and cumulative 3.49. My major is Biology with a minor in Nutritional Sciences at UF (undergraduate). My pcat is not so great with composite being 51st percentile. I have two amazing letter of recommendations from UF Faculty, one of them being a distinguished alumni from UF Pharmacy. I have extensive pharmacy experience in 4 countries, and over 2 years of volunteering in two specialized clinical settings. Additionally, I am on the board for two healthcare clubs and just recently got promoted to oversea the Florida chapters of this club. I have two research teams at the UF College of Medicine and the UM Miller School of Medicine, with publications in both. I'm also EMR, BLS/CPR certified and received two UF scholarships. I don't think my gpa and pcat are so great though. I'll be retaking the pcat in January. Can someone please tell me what my chances are? Thank you in advance!
When will you be applying if you don't mind me asking? After the January PCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I
When will you be applying if you don't mind me asking? After the January PCAT?
i have been a pharmacist in Florida for 23 years and want to warn you of the saturation problem going on. There are many unemployed pharmacists in this state and many other states due to too many pharmacy schools. Want to warn you before you spend all the time and money on this degree and graduate with no job out there....

I

i have been a pharmacist in Florida for 23 years and want to warn you of the saturation problem going on. There are many unemployed pharmacists in this state and many other states due to too many pharmacy schools. Want to warn you before you spend all the time and money on this degree and graduate with no job out there....

Too late at this point, I'm open to moving

UF looks at you holistically like most pharmacy schools. I spoke to the admissions advisor and she said they've let in students who lack in either gpa or pcat scores because they had pharmacy experience, really good rec letters, etc. She told me to trust the process and that they look at you as an overall candidate.

Reactions: 1 user
Update: Retook the PCAT and received a 77th composite score with an 89th percentile in chemistry. The rest were in the high 60s but all scores were improved. I got interviews at University of Tennessee, Northeaster, and University of South Carolina so far. All three of these schools are really expensive and I am considering them as back ups to UF. I am praying that I get into UF because I honestly cannot afford an out of state school.

You'll have a good chance to get accepted. Have a good personal statement, supplemental statements, and a good interview and you'll be set.
I know I got into UF due to my personal statements and interview.