Chances/Improvements To Make In the Next Year

Started by MCP1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MCP1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

My Md apps is linked on the left. If it matters, I go to one of the top 10 public universitys.

I am planning on taking a year off though and applying the summer after I graduate. I am interested in suggestions not only about schools, but about things I can improve on senior year.

Thank you very much.
 
You seem to have a really strong application. Why are you taking a year off, if you don't mind me asking?
 
As far as the year off goes, I decided to do it for multiple reasons.

-Studying for the MCAT and taking classes kinda burned me out.

-It is really the only time I will have in the next 6 years at least just to take a year off an enjoy myself.

-A year off means I will be older and supposedly more mature entering school.