Chances - ty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProspectiveFutDentist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
ty

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Although the two GPAs are on the lower end, I believe you have a good chance when you apply next June. Now, of course, this is contingent on doing super well on the DAT and continuing that upper trend in your GPA. My stats are the same as yours and I am applying this cycle. In fact, I had to complete a biological sciences masters in order to get my oGPA of 3.2. (sGPA 3.0), so you could imagine that my GPA out of undergrad was pretty low.

I have multiple interviews now which I attribute to an upward GPA trend and a high DAT retake. Also, do not underestimate the importance of your letters of recommendation. Find people who you know really well and who will vouch for you as a future dentist. A mistake I made in a previous cycle was having a professor who I barely knew write a letter of recommendation. One of my interview invitations this cycle even said that they selected me based on my "application and letters of evaluation". So again, be very careful about who you choose!

That's my two cents! Crush the DAT and the rest of your classes. Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Although the two GPAs are on the lower end, I believe you have a good chance when you apply next June. Now, of course, this is contingent on doing super well on the DAT and continuing that upper trend in your GPA. My stats are the same as yours and I am applying this cycle. In fact, I had to complete a biological sciences masters in order to get my oGPA of 3.2. (sGPA 3.0), so you could imagine that my GPA out of undergrad was pretty low.

I have multiple interviews now which I attribute to an upward GPA trend and a high DAT retake. Also, do not underestimate the importance of your letters of recommendation. Find people who you know really well and who will vouch for you as a future dentist. A mistake I made in a previous cycle was having a professor who I barely knew write a letter of recommendation. One of my interview invitations this cycle even said that they selected me based on my "application and letters of evaluation". So again, be very careful about who you choose!

That's my two cents! Crush the DAT and the rest of your classes. Good luck!!!

Thank you so much!! If u don’t mind what were ur DAT scores?

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/23/19/None. I had a 19 AA the first time I took it a few years ago.