ty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProspectiveFutDentist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
c

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
doing a post bacc program for sure. you can potentially get in the following year if you do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I would focus full-time on DAT to have at least 19 on every single section and work on essays (besides personal one figure out which school you will apply and see what supplemental questions they have either through asking someone or looking application website). All while having a job (get a research job since you have experience) and continuing volunteer/shadow. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
If I were you, I would focus full-time on DAT to have at least 19 on every single section and work on essays (besides personal one figure out which school you will apply and see what supplemental questions they have either through asking someone or looking application website). All while having a job (get a research job since you have experience) and continuing volunteer/shadow. Good luck!
Would it make sense to also fit in some classes or a Post-Bacc?

Would it make sense to also fit in some classes or a Post-Bacc?

In my opinion, having a research job is a "replacement" to the school since in research you continue learning and getting vital skills including manual dexterity. It worked for me. I am not saying it will work for you, but I am saying you don't need to have 21AA and 3.6gpa to get acceptance (unless you want to get to the top 10 schools).

Reactions: 1 users
In my opinion, having a research job is a "replacement" to the school since in research you continue learning and getting vital skills including manual dexterity. It worked for me. I am not saying it will work for you, but I am saying you don't need to have 21AA and 3.6gpa to get acceptance (unless you want to get to the top 10 schools).
Did you have a gpa of around 3.0? My oGPA was 3.11 and my sGPA was 3.07. Not sure if a research job can save me

I had sGPA of 3.00 and oGPA of 3.27 with 19AA/TS on DAT. I should point out that I applied twice.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get accepted?
Accepted to the University of Minnesota (in-state) and the University of Louisville (out-state). Withdrew application after being waitlisted from the University of Indiana and the University of Kentucky. I applied in June, completed secondaries before July 4th, had all pre-December interviews and my decision letters for all schools was on the first day of acceptances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to the University of Minnesota (in-state) and the University of Louisville (out-state). Withdrew application after being waitlisted from the University of Indiana and the University of Kentucky. I applied in June, completed secondaries before July 4th, had all pre-December interviews and my decision letters for all schools was on the first day of acceptances.

May I ask the list of schools you applied to???