Chances?: My stats and possible schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilsonFan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help, guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yikes, you have a lot of reach schools on the list, for sure. I'd cut out half of them, but which half? Personally, I'd remove the ten most selective schools to make my limited application resources more likely to get results, or take out the ones in a big city to reduce my cost of living expenses. Perhaps you'd rather take out the ones in the coldest locations, the ones with a curriculum you aren't drawn to (eg PBL at Harvard), or the most expensive. Without knowing your priorities, it's hard for us to choose for you. If you have access to infiinite monitary resources and time to travel to interviews, you could keep them all, as even with your highest reaches, I can't say you have no chance at all.

I would apply to all NY.

Then, I would pick only the ones I like out the others.

Your stats are great and you should get a NY. So, then pick the others you really like.

No need to apply broadly for the hell of it. You have the numbers.

Unless, you want to get into one of those upper tier schools, then spend the money and take the chance.