Chances of acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slanka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
This is my first post on sdn. I just wanted some opinions. I just took my dat at got AA 20 TS 21 and PAT 21. My gpa is 3.54 and my sgpa is 3.2. I have graduated from college and have been working as a dental assistant. I have 2 W one summer when I couldn't afford to pay for the classes. I am going to apply next cycle. Do you guys think I'm on the right track/what are my chances of acceptance and should I do something more to improve my chances.
Thank you ahead of time for your responses!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone
This is my first post on sdn. I just wanted some opinions. I just took my dat at got AA 20 TS 21 and PAT 21. My gpa is 3.54 and my sgpa is 3.2. I have graduated from college and have been working as a dental assistant. I have 2 W one summer when I couldn't afford to pay for the classes. I am going to apply next cycle. Do you guys think I'm on the right track/what are my chances of acceptance and should I do something more to improve my chances.
Thank you ahead of time for your responses!

Your stats are about average for accepted students. I think you'll be fine assuming everything else goes well (PS, shadowing, volunteering, interview, etc). Apply early and broadly to increase your chances.

I would get your application in today--assuming it is ready to go with your LOR's, etc. If your photo is you, you defiantly have a good shot at getting into Howard and Meharry, especially since your DAT is well above their average. Your sGPA is a little low but your DAT is ok and should be fine, especially with your experience as a dental assistant. I would apply to about 15 schools with those stats though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are about average for accepted students. I think you'll be fine assuming everything else goes well (PS, shadowing, volunteering, interview, etc). Apply early and broadly to increase your chances.
Hi
Thank you so much for responding. I am just worried about my sGPA. Do you think it is too low?

^^

Like everyone else had said, if you apply early and broadly, you'll likely get in somewhere. Your sgpa isn't low enough that a postbacc or additional classes are required. If you want to increase your chances further for next cycle maybe try retaking the DAT if you feel confident you can do better? Otherwise, just have your personal statement prepared and transcripts ready to go once the next cycle begins.

Thank you so much for the responses!

Like everyone else had said, if you apply early and broadly, .
What do you guys mean by broadly? Just apply to a bunch of schools?

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with what everyone said so far, I think you have a fair chance at most schools. To become even more competitive I would recommend applying to pre-dental summer enrichment programs. Many schools offer these programs like Baylor, UConn, UDM, etc... I participated in Baylor's last summer and this really made me look great during interviews! Definitely, try to find your top school and apply for their specific program. This really helped me get into Baylor as an oos!!
Good Luck :luck:

Last edited: