Chances of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abaker08

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I have three interviews (Midwestern-IL, Indiana, KYCO) the first week of December and I am curious as to whether or not I will get at least one acceptance from these schools. My OAT score is 310 with a 3.6gpa. I guess I'm wondering whether these schools interview a bunch of candidates and acceptance is tough, or if being extended an interview is an encouraging sign. Any feedback would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Getting an interview is definitely a good thing. Schools do extend a lot of invitations for interviews, but normally, it's if they like what they see on the application. The fact that you received three interviews is very promising! Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Getting an interview is definitely a very good sign but don't take that for granted. You have essentially passed the first round of admissions but you still have to show them why they should pick you over all the other applicants. Preparing for your interview, being well dressed and showing your passion for optometry will be the most important things you can do to ensure you are accepted.