Chances of getting accepted after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoops123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i got an invite to interview at PCO today which is my first choice but i have not written the OAT yet and am wondering what if i get rejected after the interview. I want to go around and tell all my family + friends but I'm so reluctant because I don't want to give everyone hope that I am getting in and then have to share the bad news of getting rejected. I thought it might be better to just keep it to myself until I actually get the acceptance letter. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I understand how you feel. I think it's important to feel excited about the interview. If you are too reserved that might come across in the interview. Think of it like dating if you think everyone is going to break your heart then you'll never find that special someone! ;-) Good luck!

Ummm...seriously? If your friends and family care about you, they are going to ask you about interview offers just about every time they see you. Be excited about the interview! It is fine to tell people, and if you get rejected you are still going to have to tell them whether or not you told them about the interview. Or they will find out through the grapevine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess this was more of a therapeutic question. lol.

If you ask the school, they may have data on how the general percentage of interviewees that get accepted every year.

I think I would keep it to myself and just telll some really close friends and family. i think its always best to keep these things to yourself until everything is done and official.