Chances of getting in SGU, Ross, Saba?

Started by doonchy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doonchy

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

GPA: 3.76
MCAT: 22 😱
Over 2000 hours of volunteering in the hospital, ER, nursing home etc.

What are my chances of getting in top 4 Caribbean schools? DO?

Any and all advice is appreciated
 
I've seen some DO schools mention avg mcat of 24.....keep studying, and try to add a few points to the mcat.

You can avoid te carrib that way
 
How many times have you taken the MCAT? You should do whatever you can to improve your score and get into a US school.

However, to answer your question, you'd have no problem getting in to SGU, though they may make you do the AEP program which means you're on academic watch your first term and have to go to a weekly review session for the lectures.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took it twice. Two weeks apart with the same score. I applied to US schools hoping for a miracle. However, not sure if it's worth waiting 2 years.
 
Two weeks apart isn't really enough time to study to remedy your exam deficiencies, no? If I were you I would take a course or make your own study schedule and stick to it. If you have test anxiety, take up meditation, talk to a counselor or something to get some strategies to improve it. Fixing a low MCAT score is the easiest and fastest part of your application to improve.

Also, you should save your application cycle money with a 22MCAT unless you applied to some DO programs. I don't think there's a US MD school that would even look at a 22.
 
Two weeks apart isn't really enough time to study to remedy your exam deficiencies, no? If I were you I would take a course or make your own study schedule and stick to it. If you have test anxiety, take up meditation, talk to a counselor or something to get some strategies to improve it. Fixing a low MCAT score is the easiest and fastest part of your application to improve.

Also, you should save your application cycle money with a 22MCAT unless you applied to some DO programs. I don't think there's a US MD school that would even look at a 22.

I agree. Stay away from Caribbean schools no matter what. Work ur ass off for higher MCAT
 
Why would you suggest to stay away from the Caribbean schools?

Graduation rates and residency match rates are higher in the states....if you just can't get in anywhere but the carrib you still have a shot there but don't go blindly