Chances of getting into grad school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bubbliciousss

Bubbliciousss
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Im currently a rising undergraduate senior majoring in biology. I go to Pace University. Im planning on studying to become a college adjunct lecturer/professor at a 2 yr college. Right now my GPA is a 3.07, but I think by the end of the summer I will be able to get it up to a 3.2-3.3, and I will try to aim for a 3.4-3.5 GPA by the end of my senior year. I haven't taken the GREs yet, but I do have solid volunteering experience teaching ESL, and I am a peer tutor for biology in my school. I have about a B cumulative GPA in biology, and a C cumulative GPA in chemistry. I've noticed a slight decrease in my GPA every semester every since the end of my freshman year, especially from chemistry which is my weakness. I ended up getting a C + in orgo I, and a D in orgo II, which i'm retaking in the summer. I just want to know, if I am successful in bringing up my orgo II grade, will I have a chance at graduate school for biology/public health? I'm aiming for schools such as St. John's U, or Fordham U. :xf: