Chances of getting into optometry school

jellybelly83

Reaction score
I'm currently applying to optometry school this cycle (21/22) and I'm feeling quite nervous about it all. While I don't doubt that I won't get into an optometry school, I'm feeling doubtful of getting into my top choices due to fears of if I am a competitive enough applicant. My overall GPA is about a 3.5 with a science GPA of about 3.1 (both GPAs have an upward trend; I had some personal difficulties during my first year of college which have since been resolved, also I still have a couple of prereqs that I still need to complete in my last year of undergrad). I have not yet taken my OAT (it's in a few days, hence the nervousness), but I am not feeling all that confident. I'd most likely get around a 310 (I've been taking a Kaplan course and the practice test questions are ridiculously hard). My extracurricular activities could've been way better, but I've volunteered at two separate organizations (one of them is a hospital), and have shadowed two optometrists and a doctor in a different health profession.

My top school choices are SCCO and WU, but I wouldn't be mad about attending UCB or AZCOPT either. Do I have a chance at any of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.