Chances of ID in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CatratchoMD

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did med school in Honduras.
I did all 3 steps of USMLE.
I did IM residency in the U.S.
I did ID fellowship in the U.S.
I am US Board Certified in both IM and ID.
I've now been working in private practice in the U.S. for 2.5 years.
My documents are currently being verified through physiciansapply.ca

What are my chances of working in ID in Canada? I've read everything from 'totally impossible' to 'not worth all the hoops you have to jump through' to 'only in Ontario will that even be close to being a possibility'.

Anyone in a similar situation, or know any more? Thanks.