Chances of Re-Instatement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AC91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I'm currently a first year pharmacy student, and I'm on academic probation. After my first semester, I was 0.07 under the required GPA of 2.5. After this semester, it's highly possible, that I will still be under the limit by 0.05. I'm very worried that I will be dismissed from the pharmacy school. Depending on how I do on the final for one of my classes, it will make or break me.

The reason I am even in this situation was due to some personal issues. I don't want to make excuses, but it's the truth. At the end of last semester, right before finals, my fiance and I split up. Needless to say, it was devastating, and I lost focus with school. At the beginning of this new semester, I was still recovering, but the classes only got more difficult. But I started to kick myself into gear this past month. I ended up doing fairly well on my exams, but it's not enough to make up for the points I lost earlier in the semester.

I'm scheduled to meet with the Dean on Monday, but I have a strong feeling I already know the answer to what will happen to me. I know you can appeal the dismissal, but I want to know what are my chances of being reinstated? I don't know what I'm going to do if I get kicked out. As cliche as it sounds and what a mistake I made, I moved to be with him. But I don't want to leave after I've worked so hard to get into the school to begin with. Being a pharmacist has been what I've wanted to do for 9 years. I don't even know what to do with myself if I get kicked out.

The lowest grade I received was one D, which is what caused the GPA drop. Has anyone else been in this situation and been re-instated?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck

Last edited:
Depends entirely on the culture of that particular school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Live like a hermit for the next few weeks, study like crazy and ace your finals...assuming you don't need like a 100% or something. Make sure you know it well enough you can explain it/teach it, and know little details that might be asked.