MD Chances/School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

polydactylpterodactyl

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. Few Texas residents matriculate out of state so schools tend to interview only those who attended an undergraduate school in the state, are legacies, former state residents, URM or have very high stats. Last year 1,500 Texas residents matriculated to Texas MD schools and only 230 to OOS MD schools. Almost 20 of your OOS schools are state public schools that admit few non residents with no connection to the state. If you want to apply to any OOS schools you could try Tulane and some of the newer schools such as Seton Hall, Quinnipiac, NOVA MD, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan.

Reactions: 1 user
Just finished the cycle as a Texas resident. I believe you're gonna get several interviews in-state given your coursework and stats; however, I'd dedicate some time over your gap year towards some clinical volunteering experiences. The strong upwards trend will look good to admissions committes for sure. Looking back, the only AMCAS school I would've applied to is Baylor - I would've saved a lot more money and time by doing so. This is, of course, dependent on your own personal and professional goals. Just make sure to apply early, and start thinking about ideas for your ps/other essays!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.