Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Chances with low GPA

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by iffypremed, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. iffypremed

iffypremed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What are my chances of getting in? I'm really freaking out over my science GPA. I know that postbac would greatly increase my chances but am looking for other options as well.

Stats:
    3.0 overall GPA, 3.4 AO GPA, and the crusher 2.4 sGPA
    have not taken MCAT yet but testing at 36
    top 15 university
    black female
    extracurriculars: Rotaract, extensive volunteering, 2 yrs research and will be getting name on paper, worked every summer of undergrad at skilled nursing center, good LORs, shadowing, work for start up company that donates part of profits and promotes discussion about mental health
    just graduated and will be working in healthcare at least 2 years before applying

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. candbgirl

candbgirl Junior Member 10+ Year Member

You have to get both of those GPAs up. Currently you have no chance at MD/DO schools. Your next 2 years should be filled with heavy course work for grade replacements. I think you should put off the MCAT until closer to when you are applying. It would be sad to get a great score now and have it expire.

4. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    You have yet to show that you can make it through a med school curriculum. Take a SMP or post-bac.

About the ads