chances with no degree?

Started by Ross434
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ross434

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no degree (2 years and about 37 credits away from one), had 2 light academic semesters (8 and 9 credits each, explainable by medical circumstances), and one semester off to get some $$$. That's what's hurting me..Also some of my classes (physics and 2nd semester english, 2nd semester gen bio) are going to be from a 2yr college.

I do have a 3.98 GPA, 4.0 math/science GPA, 99% pcat, excessive amounts of bio and chem (will have 7 semesters of bio and 7 semesters of chem by the end of this year) 4yrs and hundreds of hours of volunteer experience (tutoring, special olympics stuff, service trips), hospital pharmacy experience, a recommendation from hospital DOP, and would like to believe i would have no problem in an interview.

Am I probably going to get in this year?

doing colorado ED.. then in november if i am not in, creighton online, MWCCP, MW-arizona, USN, Wingate, and Chicago State.
 
Last edited:
why would you even make this thread?
you have nearly 4.0 and nearly perfect pcat and you can't figure out if you'll be accepted?
i don't get it

because of all the fuss about having a degree and about having huge courseloads.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why would you even make this thread?
you have nearly 4.0 and nearly perfect pcat and you can't figure out if you'll be accepted?
i don't get it

99% PCAT score is not nearly perfect. It is perfect. You can not score higher.
 
I have no degree (2 years and about 37 credits away from one), had 2 light academic semesters (8 and 9 credits each, explainable by medical circumstances), and one semester off to get some $$$. That's what's hurting me..Also some of my classes (physics and 2nd semester english, 2nd semester gen bio) are going to be from a 2yr college.

I do have a 3.98 GPA, 4.0 math/science GPA, 99% pcat, excessive amounts of bio and chem (will have 7 semesters of bio and 7 semesters of chem by the end of this year) 4yrs and hundreds of hours of volunteer experience (tutoring, special olympics stuff, service trips), hospital pharmacy experience, a recommendation from hospital DOP, and would like to believe i would have no problem in an interview.

Am I probably going to get in this year?

doing colorado ED.. then in november if i am not in, creighton online, MWCCP, MW-arizona, USN, Wingate, and Chicago State.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. 🙂
 
I would apply, if you have taken all the pre-reqs.

You will definitely get some interviews.
 
I have no degree (2 years and about 37 credits away from one), had 2 light academic semesters (8 and 9 credits each, explainable by medical circumstances), and one semester off to get some $$$. That's what's hurting me..Also some of my classes (physics and 2nd semester english, 2nd semester gen bio) are going to be from a 2yr college.

I do have a 3.98 GPA, 4.0 math/science GPA, 99% pcat, excessive amounts of bio and chem (will have 7 semesters of bio and 7 semesters of chem by the end of this year) 4yrs and hundreds of hours of volunteer experience (tutoring, special olympics stuff, service trips), hospital pharmacy experience, a recommendation from hospital DOP, and would like to believe i would have no problem in an interview.

Am I probably going to get in this year?

doing colorado ED.. then in november if i am not in, creighton online, MWCCP, MW-arizona, USN, Wingate, and Chicago State.



Ohh man, with your stats. I think you should probably take a year off and retake some of your classes to raise your GPA a little bit. Also if you can, retake the PCAT!!

If you are uncertain if your stats are not good enough, maybe you're not certain that i am being sarcastic!!

WHY EVEN MAKE THIS THREAD!!!!

USE COMMON SENSE PEOPLE, JEEZ, and you guys want to be pharmacists!?!?!?!!?
 
:troll:

Note to whomever creates these smilies....Create a duplicate of the troll, but make it say "please do not feed the ego"
 
I may not be right, but with those stats I would have been fearless applying to school.

Good luck with everything.
 
This is the opposite of posting that you have a 1.8 GPA and scoring a 20 on the PCAT. Why would you even ask this question? If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

May not be the best use of that saying, but I always wanted the opportunity to use it. :laugh:
 
This is the opposite of posting that you have a 1.8 GPA and scoring a 20 on the PCAT. Why would you even ask this question? If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

May not be the best use of that saying, but I always wanted the opportunity to use it. :laugh:

😆 😆 😆
 
I have no degree (2 years and about 37 credits away from one), had 2 light academic semesters (8 and 9 credits each, explainable by medical circumstances), and one semester off to get some $$$. That's what's hurting me..Also some of my classes (physics and 2nd semester english, 2nd semester gen bio) are going to be from a 2yr college.

I do have a 3.98 GPA, 4.0 math/science GPA, 99% pcat, excessive amounts of bio and chem (will have 7 semesters of bio and 7 semesters of chem by the end of this year) 4yrs and hundreds of hours of volunteer experience (tutoring, special olympics stuff, service trips), hospital pharmacy experience, a recommendation from hospital DOP, and would like to believe i would have no problem in an interview.

Am I probably going to get in this year?

doing colorado ED.. then in november if i am not in, creighton online, MWCCP, MW-arizona, USN, Wingate, and Chicago State.

Dude shut up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i posted this thread because i wanted to put to rest my fear of not having a degree. i seem to always worry about something, and now that i've submitted and done everything else i really could, it was only natural to worry about something that i couldnt control. i obviously understand that you think i'm a troll, and maybe my post was a little unnecessary..

but if what you say is true then there should be less posts around here talking about how a degree is "essential"!!

personally i think those posts are just trolling as well, as people try to justify the extra time and money they put into something that isnt really on any school's requirement list.
 
i posted this thread because i wanted to put to rest my fear of not having a degree. i seem to always worry about something, and now that i've submitted and done everything else i really could, it was only natural to worry about something that i couldnt control. i obviously understand that you think i'm a troll, and maybe my post was a little unnecessary..

but if what you say is true then there should be less posts around here talking about how a degree is "essential"!!

personally i think those posts are just trolling as well, as people try to justify the extra time and money they put into something that isnt really on any school's requirement list.

I was thinking about taking that as an offense, but then I realized that you speak as a person who doesn't have a degree.

With this said, I still wish you god luck, even though your attitude is poisonous.
 
Last edited: