Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreDental12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very new to this site but am applying this cycle. My stats, I feel, are below average. sGPA 3.01
BCP 3.14
oGPA 3.49
Non-Sci GPA 3.78
DAT: TS20 PAT21 QR19 RC20 Bio20 GChem22 Ochem19 AA20

I have 50 hours of shadowing a General Dentist in private practice and 25 hours of shadowing a Dentist in Public Health. I have strong letters of rec. I volunteer at the local human society ~100 hours and at a reading program for elementary school children ~50 hours. My advisor assured me that my personal statement was very good and I am hoping that I can be seen as a well rounded candidate with my extracurriculars in sports and other activities. I am applying to 10 schools, my app is currently complete and ready to be sent out.

I am worried with my very low sGPA and BCP I will be looked over. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here's the truth: we only know as much as you do. Only the adcoms can tell you where you belong in terms of competitiveness.

I am very new to this site but am applying this cycle. My stats, I feel, are below average. sGPA 3.01
BCP 3.14
oGPA 3.49
Non-Sci GPA 3.78

I have 50 hours of shadowing a General Dentist in private practice and 25 hours of shadowing a Dentist in Public Health. I have strong letters of rec. I volunteer at the local human society ~100 hours and at a reading program for elementary school children ~50 hours. My advisor assured me that my personal statement was very good and I am hoping that I can be seen as a well rounded candidate with my extracurriculars in sports and other activities. I am applying to 10 schools, my app is currently complete and ready to be sent out. The school I designated are AZ, UOP, WESTU, UCSF, USC, LECOM, UNC, NYU, Creighton, and OHSU. I am an Oregon resident but have family close to most of these schools.

I am worried with my very low sGPA and BCP I will be looked over. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Like you said yourself, numbers-wise your stats are below average. Your BCP is low, DATs are fine though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your gpa is really similar to mine but i had higher sGPA. I think it was 3.3?
My DAT was also few points higher than yours

I got accepted this year o.o....had 4 interviews..applied to 15 schools

Your gpa is really similar to mine but i had higher sGPA. I think it was 3.3?
My DAT was also few points higher than yours

I got accepted this year o.o....had 4 interviews..applied to 15 schools

Thats good to hear! My Sci and BCP are higher but non-sci is my lower of the 4. My DAT is 20/20/21. Knowing you have interviews and accepted is a relief! Thanks for the info. How much better was your DAT a few points better in each secion? or overall.

thats good to hear! My sci and bcp are higher but non-sci is my lower of the 4. My dat is 20/20/21. Knowing you have interviews and accepted is a relief! Thanks for the info. How much better was your dat a few points better in each secion? Or overall.

pat 22
rc19
qr18
bio24
chm22
org22

BCP 3.14
oGPA 3.49
Non-Sci GPA 3.78

I have 50 hours of shadowing a General Dentist in private practice and 25 hours of shadowing a Dentist in Public Health. I have strong letters of rec. I volunteer at the local human society ~100 hours and at a reading program for elementary school children ~50 hours. My advisor assured me that my personal statement was very good and I am hoping that I can be seen as a well rounded candidate with my extracurriculars in sports and other activities. I am applying to 10 schools, my app is currently complete and ready to be sent out. The school I designated are AZ, UOP, WESTU, UCSF, USC, LECOM, UNC, NYU, Creighton, and OHSU. I am an Oregon resident but have family close to most of these schools.

Keep your head up high! If its what you want you can make it happen. Like someone above mentioned, no one can really predict what will happen. There have been cases of those with super high stats not make it, and cases where super low have. In the case of a lower GPA my suggestion would be to make sure every other part of the application down to LOEs are stellar. Best of luck to you!