Chances

Started by MGM921
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MGM921

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GPA 3.72, sGPA 3.67
PCAT preliminary- 98 composite: 99 for Chem and Bio , 82 verbal and Quant, 47 RC

I have a bachelors degree in science. Also, I've done about 1000 research hours, and 200 hours in the pharmacy as a volunteer so far. I have great LORs from both experiences. I've done some minor volunteering and shadowing, but nothing that stands out. Are these enough extracurriculars?
 
Last edited:
GPA 6.72, sGPA 3.67
PCAT preliminary- 98 composite: 99 for Chem and Bio , 82 verbal and Quant, 47 RC

I have a bachelors degree in science. Also, I've done about 1000 research hours, and 200 hours in the pharmacy as a volunteer so far. I have great LORs from both experiences. I've done some minor volunteering and shadowing, but nothing that stands out. Is this enough extracurriculars?


6.72 GPA ?? Are you Superman ?? 🙂 jk

I guess you meant 3.72. Paired with that excellent PCAT of 98 and a bahelor degree, and that amount of work/volunteer+shadowing and LORs, you will probably be ready have your picks for school.

Articulate well on your personal essay and interviews, you will definitely get in top schools. GL !! 🙂
 

6.72 GPA ?? Are you Superman ?? 🙂 jk

I guess you meant 3.72. Paired with that excellent PCAT of 98 and a bahelor degree, and that amount of work/volunteer+shadowing and LORs, you will probably be ready have your picks for school.

Articulate well on your personal essay and interviews, you will definitely get in top schools. GL !! 🙂

haha... I must be! To my defense, it was early and I was rushing out for work.

Thank you for the input. I'm only applying to one school for ED so far. I have my heart set on it, so it makes me very nervous.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are u trying to make other applicant like me feel bad? lol
My extracurriculars worry me. I worked full time all through college, so I really don't have the most exciting application aside from research. I just started volunteering at a pharmacy this year, and I see many people have years of pharmacy experience and leadership roles. The advisor won't tell me if i have a good chance, she just says it all depends on the applicant pool. So I thought i'd go to the source...

Good luck with your application! 🙂