Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chief Naket

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to know where I stand in this whole application-admission process. Here's what I'm working with:

returned peace corps volunteer
~2.9 gpa
American Studies major
GPA took a nosedive my senior spring semester as I was applying for peace corps

List of programs (in order):
Nyu
Northwesten
Hunter
Temple
Cleveland State U

Do I stand a chance? I know most programs require at least a 3.0 gpa. Am i aiming too high? Also, I plan on taking the GRE next month. Thanks!
 
i think your best bet would be to take a few classes at a 4 yr university and raise that gpa to 3.0.

you seem fine as is right now, though. post bacs in general aren't competitive to get into, save temple. post bacc is a good idea in your case, and i'm glad you're taking those steps. how much of pre med course work have you done?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice. So just enroll at any 4 year college, take those pre reqs, get As on all of them, and you should be set. I think this can be done in 1-2 years, 1 if you really hustle through and take a summer semester
 
You won't stand a chance until your GPA is above the minimum for the programs you apply to.
 
I need to know where I stand in this whole application-admission process. Here's what I'm working with:

returned peace corps volunteer
~2.9 gpa
American Studies major
GPA took a nosedive my senior spring semester as I was applying for peace corps

List of programs (in order):
Nyu
Northwesten
Hunter
Temple
Cleveland State U

Do I stand a chance? I know most programs require at least a 3.0 gpa. Am i aiming too high? Also, I plan on taking the GRE next month. Thanks!




I'm in the same situation. I enrolled in a Master's program to show an upward trend but I heard that my Master's GPA won't make up for my low undergrad GPA. Please let me know if you hear of any good programs that will accept people with a 2.8/2.9 GPA.

Thansk- H