chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

knoxvillepredentkid

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First off, my GPA is a very low, I know. I have very strong extracurriculars/leadership/research/LORs (basically everything else minus my GPA looks good lol) I am a rising senior at a top 20 university which I'm hoping helps since I am also getting a committee letter from my school.

OGPA: 2.95
SGPA: 2.75
DAT: 21AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT

I am planning on applying this coming cycle and am a Tennessee resident. Super nervous about applications but wondering if you guys have any thoughts on my chances?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You will need to do a SMP or some kind of grad program. Your Dat scores are good but not good enough to overcome a 2.7 sgpa.
 
First off, my GPA is a very low, I know. I have very strong extracurriculars/leadership/research/LORs (basically everything else minus my GPA looks good lol) I am a rising senior at a top 20 university which I'm hoping helps since I am also getting a committee letter from my school.

OGPA: 2.95
SGPA: 2.75
DAT: 21AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT

I am planning on applying this coming cycle and am a Tennessee resident. Super nervous about applications but wondering if you guys have any thoughts on my chances?

I would say save your money and raise your GPA, but since you say you're a TN resident I'd say at least apply to Memphis...they care EXPONENTIALLY more about DAT than GPA. I too am a TN resident that had a 3.92 oGPA and sGPA but only a 19AA with a 15QR...I was accepted into 6 schools, but Memphis wasn't one. Also, FWIW, I was in-state as well.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app