DO chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theloop43

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.69 cGPA 3.5 sGPA with an upward trend. 497 MCAT (123/123/125/126). I got few secondaries from most of my schools but I was wondering if its still possible.

150+ hours shadowing in internal med, oncology, cardiology, psychiatry, and a DO who I am currently shadowing.

Worked for 1 year in retail and 1.5 years at my school's library, while remaining a full time student.

I have 150+ hours of non-medical community service volunteering and am currently volunteering at a nonprofit organization that helps screen people in underserved communities for health issues and educates them about the importance of health.

I have a pre-health committee recommendation letter and waiting on a DO letter this week but it should be uploaded soon.

I know a few people on here got in with a low MCAT so I wanted to know if its still possible to get in this cycle given my other stats.

Planning on submitting my secondaries this week as well.

Members don't see this ad.

3.69 cGPA 3.5 sGPA with an upward trend. 497 MCAT (123/123/125/126). I got few secondaries from most of my schools but I was wondering if its still possible.

150+ hours shadowing in internal med, oncology, cardiology, psychiatry, and a DO who I am currently shadowing.

Worked for 1 year in retail and 1.5 years at my school's library, while remaining a full time student.

I have 150+ hours of non-medical community service volunteering and am currently volunteering at a nonprofit organization that helps screen people in underserved communities for health issues and educates them about the importance of health.

I have a pre-health committee recommendation letter and waiting on a DO letter this week but it should be uploaded soon.

I know a few people on here got in with a low MCAT so I wanted to know if its still possible to get in this cycle given my other stats.

Planning on submitting my secondaries this week as well.

That MCAT needs to come up ASAP. 123s in C/P and CARS says you learned nothing in chemistry and physics and have poor reading skills.

If you apply with that MCAT, then you will struggle for a spot even at the low tier DO schools

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't apply this cycle. You'll get late interviews if any which means the schools can be very picky. Take the time to study and retake the MCAT. Apply early next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your only chance would be at some of the newer schools. Your good GPA may help you. Consider these schools:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
LUCOM
UIWSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
If no success this year you will need to retake the MCAT and score over 500.

Increasing MCAT to at least a >500 would significantly increase your chances. Did you submit your primary yet and when did you submit?

Increasing MCAT to at least a >500 would significantly increase your chances. Did you submit your primary yet and when did you submit?
I submitted my primary in July and got my secondaries the past couple of weeks. I'm planning on submitting my secondaries this week.