Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrstnearroyo

Reaction score
Hello I'm a licensed medical technologist in the philippines and I had my credentials evualuated by WES. I graduated from a university with a bachelor of science in medical technology but the Canadian equivalency for that is only secondary school diploma. My gpa is 3.2. I'm going to take MCAT next next month: What should I do to be able to apply for medical schools here in canada with my educational background?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Canada accepts almost no international students to it medical schools. The country only has something like 16 medical schools. In addition, Canadians with high MCATS and gpas have a hard time of getting in. I would consider US medical schools. I'm a Canadian and it was easier for me to get interviews at US medical schools than Canadian med schools

Canada accepts almost no international students to it medical schools. The country only has something like 16 medical schools. In addition, Canadians with high MCATS and gpas have a hard time of getting in. I would consider US medical schools. I'm a Canadian and it was easier for me to get interviews at US medical schools than Canadian med schools

Hi thanks for your reply. So are you going to study in the US then? I just don't think I could move there. But anyway I'll try my luck first here in Canada and if not I'll just enroll myself in master's degree and improve my current career.