Chances?

Started by evensten
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

evensten

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i have worked as a hospital pharm tech for 3 years and one year in retail so i have considerable experience in the pharmacy. I also have tremendous exposure to other health-care feilds. I worked as a dental assistant in the past, then volunteered at different medical clinics; also was a TA 3 semesters in a row. In addition to that, i was active in many ecs such as clubs on campus. I have a cum gpa of 3.3 now and i was wondering what i would need on my pcat to get called back for interviews. I really want to get into midwestern. do i have a shot at UIC with a 70 something on my pcat?
 
Do you have a 4-year degree? Your work experience is a major plus and so is active school involvement. Your GPA is okay, not great...but it'll suffice for most schools. Without a 4-year degree I'd say you would need an 80+ PCAT to be considered for an interview. Once you have an interview it's all about standing out and showing poise and confidence. If you have a degree then you could probably score in the 70's and still be okay.

This information is just generalized, I can't speak for specific schools because some are tougher than others. If you're serious about becoming a Pharmacist then apply to multiple schools in order to increase your odds.