Change amcas after submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hzjames

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I tried to change the MD/PhD field for one of my schools in AMCAS and the website warned:
"You have just added or modified a designated medical school. To have your application verified and sent to your designated medical school(s) you must first certify and submit your application. "

Does this means that my app will need to get verified again (weeks of waiting)?
Apparently the first wave will be send out by June 24th. So I assume no school has gotten mine yet.

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I changed an MD program to and MD/PhD program for one school last year during the application process after I was verified and got a similar, if not the same message. You won't have to go through the verification process again. The info just gets updated for the school. It's similar for when you change a phone number or address.

Anyone else want to back me up?

I think what that means is that it needs to be submitted again by their system. You will get the same message if you decide to add more schools later on, on top of your original list, which is what I did. No worries about waiting for weeks again, it will be submitted automatically provided your application was verified already in the first place.