Change in case log requirements for graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BraggPeak

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the case log requirements for graduation have changed? I always thought it was 450 cases (including brachy cases). However, if you log into the acgme website to log your cases and click on "resident minimums report" they say 450 external beam cases are required and they have a separate category for SRS, SBRT, peds, LDR, and HDR (meaning they count them separately from the 450 cases).

Does anyone (ARRO) know if this is a true change or typo?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the case log requirements for graduation have changed? I always thought it was 450 cases (including brachy cases). However, if you log into the acgme website to log your cases and click on "resident minimums report" they say 450 external beam cases are required and they have a separate category for SRS, SBRT, peds, LDR, and HDR (meaning they count them separately from the 450 cases).

Does anyone (ARRO) know if this is a true change or typo?

That's how it's listed in the official ACGME program requirements. 450 is just for external beam:

http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/downloads/RRC_progReq/430_radiation_oncology_01012009.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
It is clearly stated in the ACGME program guidelines that 450 external beam cases must be done. This can be found on the ACGME site under review committees, program requirements.

I know it is clearly stated. The question is that on the acme generated report provided on their website when you login under your name, they do not tally the peds and SRS cases in the ebrt count. That part, o believe, is an error on their website. Login and check for yourself.

I know it is clearly stated. The question is that on the acme generated report provided on their website when you login under your name, they do not tally the peds and SRS cases in the ebrt count. That part, o believe, is an error on their website. Login and check for yourself.

It's an error...The 450 includes SRS, peds, and metastatic cases, which I believe are not being included in the tally.

Don't forget to do your 6 unsealed sources, 3 of which need to be oral I131 with doses >30mCi I think.

BTW I called (the ABR? can't remember who now) once and they said they don't actually care about the activity/dose as long as it is for a therapeutic intent of some kind, not just diagnostic.