change in NBDE part 1 format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ca_dreamin'

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have tried to search this site for some info, but have come up empty. Your help would be appreciated.

Concerning the NBDE part 1, will there be a change in format (ie. a case based test instead of the current format?) If there will be a change, could you elaborate and provide a date when this will take effect. I heard 2006, but no specific date.

I apologize if this is posted somewhere else on the site. If it is, please direct me there...

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

The ADA has been running some testing on this for a couple of years now (see threads concerning the "Pilot exam"), but I don't know of any sure date for the change.

Try calling the ADA testing services and asking them. That's probably the easiest way to get the right information.

I would be interested in hearing the answer, too, since July 2006 is just around the corner...

(that's what I tell myself when I spend all day long in the preclinical lab, anyway)