1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

change in NBDE part 1 format

Discussion in 'Dental' started by ca_dreamin', Nov 20, 2005.

1. ca_dreamin'

ca_dreamin' Member
    5+ Year Member

I have tried to search this site for some info, but have come up empty. Your help would be appreciated.

Concerning the NBDE part 1, will there be a change in format (ie. a case based test instead of the current format?) If there will be a change, could you elaborate and provide a date when this will take effect. I heard 2006, but no specific date.

I apologize if this is posted somewhere else on the site. If it is, please direct me there...

Thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    The ADA has been running some testing on this for a couple of years now (see threads concerning the "Pilot exam"), but I don't know of any sure date for the change.

Try calling the ADA testing services and asking them. That's probably the easiest way to get the right information.

4. boboli_chef

boboli_chef Member
    7+ Year Member

I would be interested in hearing the answer, too, since July 2006 is just around the corner...

(that's what I tell myself when I spend all day long in the preclinical lab, anyway)