Change in NBDE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldudue10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is already circulating but I couldnt find anything to answer my question. I hear that next year, the NBDE Exam 1 format is changing from multiple choice to problem based. Is this true and what is the reasoning for it? Also what does a problem based exam mean? How will the test be administered and will it be harder?

Members don't see this ad.

cooldudue10 said:
Sorry if this thread is already circulating but I couldnt find anything to answer my question. I hear that next year, the NBDE Exam 1 format is changing from multiple choice to problem based. Is this true and what is the reasoning for it? Also what does a problem based exam mean? How will the test be administered and will it be harder?

Yeah, it's going to be much harder. In fact, I'm not sure many dental students are going to be passing that thing anymore. It's going to be a sad, sad day for dental students across the country.

cooldudue10 said:

Hi,
I dont think so it going to be harder, instead of direct questions you will given a case and 3 or 4 questions will be asked from that short description of the case. And the questions from different sections will be mixed and there wont be seperate sections any more. It will be a medley of 400 questions.
Hope this answers your question.

Hey
It is definitely gonna be harder than the format now.....but not impossible.....Its gonna be more clinically oriented....cases are given and questions follow the cases...if u have the 2004 paper, u will get an idea.....