Change in USC Pharmacy School GPA dismissal requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raydawg82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why USC Pharmacy School changed their minimum GPA requirement to matriculate? Back before 2015 the GPA needed to continue was a 3.0. In 2016, USC lowered it to 2.5. I do not know why they lowered it or why they have one in the first place.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know why USC Pharmacy School changed their minimum GPA requirement to matriculate? Back before 2015 the GPA needed to continue was a 3.0. In 2016, USC lowered it to 2.5. I do not know why they lowered it or why they have one in the first place.

They need to make sure there's enough people to pay their ridiculous tuition I'm guessing.

Reactions: 1 users
More than likely, they are losing applicants to the matriculation requirement, so they decided to chill out on the gpa after conditional acceptance. I could see the pros and cons to this, but I do not see the importance of changing it.

meh.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know that this profession is doomed when even traditionally top-ranked schools are losing applicants to other professions.

Can't name too many doctorate or prestigious health care professions that will consider applicants with gpa under 3.0...

Reactions: 1 user
Can't name too many doctorate or prestigious health care professions that will consider applicants with gpa under 3.0...

While NP might be a better career I still think that their students are far worse, at least judging by the ones that I have met.

So I found out that they changed their policy due to losing too many students according to Dr. Park at USC. I also found out that you can transfer the units from USC pharmacy school to another school citing that they changed their policy and under the current guideline they would not dismiss a student. It took a while and after my lawyer got involved USC pharmacy school folded. Honestly, it really does not matter about where you get a pharmacy degree, just that you obtain one. This whole prestigious school justification is dumb. So I transferred to a less known school and am paying lots less than USC, in fact thanks to scholarships will not have a bill at the end. I know people that graduate from USC pharmacy school, live in an apartment, pay over $5,000 a month in student loans and drive a old car. **** THAT LIFE

The only USC related thing I do is go to football games and pretend I went there. But the tuition is too high. No one ever ask you where you graduated from as long as you are a pharmacist.

So I found out that they changed their policy due to losing too many students according to Dr. Park at USC. I also found out that you can transfer the units from USC pharmacy school to another school citing that they changed their policy and under the current guideline they would not dismiss a student. It took a while and after my lawyer got involved USC pharmacy school folded. Honestly, it really does not matter about where you get a pharmacy degree, just that you obtain one. This whole prestigious school justification is dumb. So I transferred to a less known school and am paying lots less than USC, in fact thanks to scholarships will not have a bill at the end. I know people that graduate from USC pharmacy school, live in an apartment, pay over $5,000 a month in student loans and drive a old car. **** THAT LIFE

What happened to you at USC?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yes, it does matter where you go vis-a-vis availability of federal student loans, quality of students, availability of rotations, proximity to desired job markets

What happened to you at USC?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I was dismissed for having a GPA of 2.7 around 10 years ago. They have since changed their policy.