change of pace

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockFoot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking, maybe if we as podiatrists and future podiatrists wish to be taken seriously perhaps we should discuss things that some of the other specialties which are perceived to be more successful and elite discuss. for that reason

I propose that we begin modeling our forum after the anesthesiology forum. Those guys seem to only talk about guns, cars, attractive women, cool things like that.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

what's your favorite gun? what guns do you own? dream cars? redheads brunettes or blondes?

I laughed based on what I perceive to be sarcasm (I hope lol).

Just for fun I'd say my dream car is a BMW M3.

Members don't see this ad :)
definitely sarcasm involved but feel free to discuss the aforementioned topics. I really want a glock 19 with rmr sight and threaded barrel for silencer attachment as seen on www.warriortalknews.com.

I like both redheads and brunettes, the more exotic the better but sometimes the girl next door is just right. I want to get a Dodge Challenger when out of residency.

what's your favorite gun? what guns do you own? dream cars? redheads brunettes or blondes?

Favorite gun: Remington 870 Defender 12 gauge
What guns do I own: Mossberg Maverick 88 12 Gauge, and a Springfield 1922 (I think...been too long since I took it out)

Dream car: Already own it; 1969 Cutlass Supreme. Just need to finish it up and overhaul the interior and get a Hurst billet grille to finish off the front. And fix the brakes. And fix a couple oil leaks. And finish the A/C. And fix the scrape I put on the side backing out of a mechanic's garage. Needs a bit of work...but man, is it beautiful.
cutlass.jpg

Oh, and brunettes.

To RockFoot, I absolutely love the Glock 19. My second favorite handgun after the S&W Sigma.

nice! I've got a mossberg 500 which is very similar to the maverick 88. A stoeger cougar 9mm, taurus 608 .357, mosin nagant m44, vz 2008, yugo sks, savage .22.

love the car bob, I love the classics!

I don't believe in guns, love wearing hemp and singing around trees, and want to drive a Honda Accord!

well no ones perfect, but I accept you for you! lol. ps whats the thought on minimalist footwear? I personally love my fivefingers.

I drive a Honda Accord when I need to get somewhere :) Couldn't bring my Cutlass to Iowa, so it's just collecting dust and "Move your car off the street or else..." notices back home.

Studies seem promising for minimalist footwear, but my wife gives me too much grief about the fivefinger shoes for me to get them. I guess I hate running too much to mind a whole lot, it's not like I'd use them anyway...I'm more of a bicycle fella.

My condition for getting married was to get a motorcycle when we could afford it, so one day....far from now....

Btw, why don't you believe in guns? I googled them, and based on the search results and on what's sitting in my closet, I'm 99% sure they exist.

I made the mistake of no prenup when I got married so no bikes or skydiving for me. Lucky me, I had guns before we married and spoke about them on our first date.

My collection: Mattel (or is it Hasbro), high powered dart gun.
Supersoaker turbo 75 water blaster

The Cutlass is a beauty, but one of my partner's has owned several similar cars in various states of repair and condition. The only problem with cars of that era are that they aren't the safest things on the road. Prior to the late 60's , these cars had no headrests, no side blinkers, etc. And of course the dash boards were all metal, no airbags, no crumble zones, etc. But as far as muscle and performance, can't be beat.

As far as preferences for blonde, brunette, redhead.........I believe in equal opportunity and have always tried not to discriminate.

Hey dtrack, where do you go to shoot clays around here?

Members don't see this ad :)
On a serious note, I personally don't understand the gun obsession. Do you own them for the technology, self defense, shooting at a range, etc. I understand someone in law enforcement, I understand the idea of owning a weapon as security in your home, I understand owning rifles used for hunting, shooting clay "pigeons", etc., but don't know what you guys do with these high tech and costly hand guns.

This is not a critical or sarcastic post, it's really a sincere question.

On a serious note, I personally don't understand the gun obsession. Do you own them for the technology, self defense, shooting at a range, etc. I understand someone in law enforcement, I understand the idea of owning a weapon as security in your home, I understand owning rifles used for hunting, shooting clay "pigeons", etc., but don't know what you guys do with these high tech and costly hand guns.

Not speaking for everyone else, but mine is more of a collection. I appreciate firearms as finely machined, precisely manufactured, mechanical devices capable of great precision. My Mosin Nagant was made in the USSR in 1944. It could have been carried in the march to Berlin!! (thought the condition of it suggests it was never used, lol). My 9mm was bought for target practice and self defense. My shotgun and .22 were bought for hunting and recreation. My Vz 2008 was bought because it looks so damn cool and is a very neat relic of the Cold War.

The .357 was bought when I was spending a lot of time in bear and cougar country in my undergrad program out west (lots of field expeditions and experiences, very cool). Was it necessary, well I never saw a bear or cougar but now I have a really cool wheelgun that is a blast to shoot!!

I've gone through some paranoid, survivalist times, worried the fed and the UN were out to get the good folks of America, now I just think they are more incompetent than evil, though incompetency on that level is far more sinister than perhaps I give it credit. *I believe in the 2nd amendment as well, but right now, my guns are more for fun than anything else.:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

I want than Glock 19 because its a very neat concept, the laser reticle allows for very rapid and accurate target acquisition. This one is for the zombies.... The silencer threads will be for when I've got $200 bucks for the ATF tax stamp and then a lot more money for the can (silencer), that way I can lobotomize Zeeks without sending out a beacon to all of them in the surrounding area... thats a rational explanation right?
PS I'm in Ohio, if you ever want to meet up and punch holes in papers or water bottles, send me a PM, I'll even cover the ammo!!

Last edited:
dtrack, love the Taurus 66, I was in the market for that same gun but then the 608 fell into my lap for a great price

dtrack, love the Taurus 66, I was in the market for that same gun but then the 608 fell into my lap for a great price

Yeah, I went for it because I couldn't afford a SW 686 and the Taurus was a great deal.

Bob,

we usually go to someone's property outside of town. Got a turkey tag too if you want to join sometime. Just PM me or send me an email

PADPM,

I hunt. So that explains the rifle and shotgun(s). I usually carry the revolver when I'm out in the timber just in case a bobcat gets too curious. Not really necessary here in Iowa since you end up hunting with a shotgun instead of a rifle 9 times out of 10 (due to state hunting regs). While I consider my revolver a home defense tool, that was never a thought when purchasing it. I was just looking for a handgun that I enjoyed to take to a range. Well, somebody's property because I'm too cheap to go to a range...

Last edited:

I have my shotgun at home in my closet loaded with 00 buckshot for home defense. I went out shooting clays a lot before I moved up here, but the reason I brought it was home defense. My home is my castle, and I figure a small investment is worth the security. Hopefully it will never be pointed at a person, but at the same time, it's nice to know it's there (especially after a convenience store within walking distance of my apartment was robbed at gunpoint).

The rifle is a WWII training rifle used by my granddad when he joined, before he went to fight in the pacific theater. I've never shot it, and have no idea as to it's safety, and it will probably serve no purpose at any point except to remember my gramps (great guy, lot of good stories, some terrifying).

Interesting answers, thanks for the explanations.

I've gone through some paranoid, survivalist times, worried the fed and the UN were out to get the good folks of America, .......

:eek:

like I said it was a phase, I still try to have food storage and supplies in the event of an emergency but Im more worried about my student loans than armed resistance and fema camps lol.

I come from a long line of gunslingers (my grandpa was a North American ranked top ten trap shooter in the 70s), but alas, I own no guns at all...

In terms of self defense, its probably a good idea... I've been held up at gunpoint when I was in 6th grade and on Friday night a buddy of mine got his wallet stolen from a dude with a shotgun while he was working back from a pizza place at 1:30 am. I told him that if he had C&C, that thug with the shot gun wouldn't rob any ever again.

Also, I know who Rockfoot is voting for this election system! Haha

I certainly am not voting for Obama but Romney is so uninspiring as well.

SF, haha your so funny! Although my team is the Vikings, so that's sort of a sore subject.

Rock, you're afraid of the fed and the UN and you're not a huge Paul fan?!? Wait till me and bob get ahold of you....

i'm a realist and paul never had a chance and never played the game like he thought he had one.

*you're (I'm not an idiot, i swear!)

This SDN Mobile is confusing to me. I've seen people use quotes from their phones and (I think?) edit posts, but I cannot figure it out...

Hahaha, it's not about winning! It's an idea logical battle!

Or something like that....

Anyways, back to the women and guns.

its an auto signature when I posr from my phone through my sdn forum app

there I deleted it for this posy

No no I know. I'm using the app right now too. I just don't know how to edit posts, quote other posts (actually, with the copy and past function I could just script my own quote HTML...), and use emoticons.

My favorite kind of woman is the kind that date older men and are probably gold diggers. I won't have time for a woman for at least another 8 years...

Lol, my favorite kind is the kind just like my wife :D;):cool::p

Favorite gun:
user181_pic147_1268853092.jpg

Favorite car:
SupraTDGT1_3.jpg

Favorite type: Changes by day!

I see that shotgun and can't get Jurassic Park out of my head.

"Clever girl...." *eats face*

I see that shotgun and can't get Jurassic Park out of my head.

"Clever girl...." *eats face*

"we can't..."
"Why?..."
"because we're being hunted..."

love that ****