Change to transcript after submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sl2obel2ts

i like tomatoes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was 17 (10th grade) I received an F in a community college course due to my mother signing me up for the class without my consent. I ended up not going to it. It was 3 units and hurting my overall GPA (science not affected) by bringing it down to 3.4 from 3.48.

I submit my application on may 21st. However, I was talking to my friend and this issue was brought up and advised me to talk to school to replace the F with W. So I called, and they said they can replace it. Crap! AADSAS already received application and the unfixed version of my transcript with an F and I feel really screwed.

any advice?

--
edit: what happens during academic update period? do I get to change the previous sem grade by any chance? uggh

Members don't see this ad.

When I was 17 (10th grade) I received an F in a community college course due to my mother signing me up for the class without my consent. I ended up not going to it. It was 3 units and hurting my overall GPA (science not affected) by bringing it down to 3.4 from 3.48.

I submit my application on may 21st. However, I was talking to my friend and this issue was brought up and advised me to talk to school to replace the F with W. So I called, and they said they can replace it. Crap! AADSAS already received application and the unfixed version of my transcript with an F and I feel really screwed.

any advice?

You might be able to change it during the Academic Update period.

Otherwise, just send the new transcript directly to schools and you should be fine.

any advice?

1. It's illegal for CC to change the grade because of your situation. (And it can't be done at this point since they can only change it within a year.)

2. Has AADSAS verified your GPA? If they did already, I doubt that they will make any change. If not, I guess you can call them and say "hold up."

3. I don't see much difference between 3.4 and 3.48. You did fine in post-bac or masters program, and you were in high school at that time. Even if you can't change it at this point, you should be fine.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
:mad:

CC can replace F with W through petitioning.

gah i feel so stupid.

so angry at my mom.

gah i feel so stupid.

so angry at my mom.

Dont worry too much! Your GPA is fine. Further you have good post-bac GPA
p.s. don't be mad at your Mom

i didnt do postbacc. i should delete it. i took several graduate courses and they gave me a new "Graduate gpa"

and "deleted" sorry about misleading predent info

It's worth a shot at least. Give AADSAS a call to se what you can do. Tell them the school has changed your grade, and your AADSAS app is no longer accurate.

That change in GPA is not much, but I'd try to get any red flags off the app (like an F).

gah i feel so stupid.

so angry at my mom.

You attended CC at California, right?

Give it a shot. But, I'm 99% sure the clerk must know nothing about the policy. Because the law states,

Title V, Section 55760, State of California Administrative Code
Grade changes can only be made within one year following the end of a semester for which a grade was assigned. Grade change petitions will not be considered after this time.

yeh I talked to admissions and record rep. Dang...

This blows. I have 2Fs on my transcript...

I amma call the CC again tomorrow. Hopefully they can do it illegally :) haha o well. 1% :(:(:(

I guess the only thing I can do right now is study my ass off for DAT and shoot for 30s ahahahaha.

Update

I called AADSAS. The rep was very nice, and she told me that they will change my grades if the transcript changes regardless its status (received/verified/sent to schools).

That is nice!

I called CC again and didn't seem to know about that 1 year rule. I am gonna push my luck.

Gawd, I found another mistake on my transcript. They omitted a discrete and finance math class that I took in high school (3 units with As). It was offered at my high school but for a college credit.

oGPA 3.4->3.5, nonsciecne gpa 2.6->3.3, worth a trouble?

oGPA 3.4->3.5, nonsciecne gpa 2.6->3.3, worth a trouble?

A change from a 2.6 to a 3.3 nonscience GPA? I'd say it's worth it. Like I said in my earlier post, get rid of any red flags that might make an admissions person cringe. A 2.6 anywhere on the app is not pretty!