Change!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timb0

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am currently going to school to become and economics major but have recently decided to follow my true passion and become a dentist. It is something I have wanted to do for some time, just didn't really give it too much thought. I kinda figured it woudl be too hard but now I want to do it more and more as each day progresses.

I still have three years left of college before I can even think about applying to dental school. However, I am the type of person that likes to know what I am getting into and would likes to be well prepared beforehand. With that said, what type of material should i start studying in order to be ensure my successs as a dental school applicant????

Also, my degree has now changed to Biology.

I appreciate any input you can offer. I know I may be jumping the gun here but its never to early to start preparing.

Thanks
Tim

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry too much! Just take the Pre-req's and courses for dental school requirements and keep your grades up. Look into the schools you want to apply to and check their specific requirements. Get some Dental Expereince/shadowing done early too!

Welcome to the Pre-dental Jungle!

S.mutans,

Thanks for the advice and the welcome! I am sure this site is going to be invaluable to me.

Tim

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an Econ major and I got in.

Timb0,

And don't change your major just because your career path has changed. Of course, there are plenty of valid reasons to change your major, but if you still have a love for economics (but don't want to be an economist), then stay with economics!

You'll be studying the sciences in dental school, so there isn't a huge need to hit them hardcore (with a bio. major) right now.

I'm an English major, and I was accepted to 4 schools. English, reading, and writing are all subjects I love--and that won't make me a worse dentist.

Good luck! You'll do fine.