Changes in resident complement request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chocolateagar04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

A local TY year program director has recently submitted a temporary request to increase resident complement to the ACGME so
That I may join them. I've already matched into an advanced program and this TY year is trying to make room for me as per the request of my schools dean.

I was wondering if anyone has experience w/this and if it has worked in TE past. Also I was wondering what's a general timeline I should hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Very nice! I'm following your story with interest as it is my story; I also matched to an advanced neurology position and I'm currently asking a local hospital to petition the ACGME for a temporary increase in complement. If you read the info provided online, it should take a maximum of 60 days to hear back, which would be the end of May. I don't know if that's enough time for the hospital to then turn around and get all the paperwork on their end in order (scheduling, contracts, etc.) but it sure seems like you should have a lot to be optimistic about!