Changes Made to Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stinger159

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just curious about something. I applied to vet school this year and I had put my Biochemistry minor on the VMCAS. However, looking on this forum I decided to drop the minor in January and spend more time volunteering and shadowing. None of the vet schools I applied to needed the courses that I dropped which were the biochem lab and research (I am still enrolled in the Biochem 2 lecture). If I get accepted somewhere should I call the admissions office to make sure they don't rescind the offer or since they weren't required in the first place to just forget about it? I would hate to get accepted and rescinded just because i dropped the minor and withdrew from two courses. Thanks for any help.🙂
 
I don't know about everywhere, but I can give you my experience. I listed on VMCAS that I would be getting an AS this spring. I decided not to because I'd have to take health and PE, and didn't want to bother, but I would if it was necessary. I called Ohio State after they accepted me, and asked about it. I was told that it absolutely did not matter, as long as I completed all of the pre-reqs for Ohio State. 🙂
 
I think you'll be fine. No one can predict the future, and as long as it's not something that was done intentionally to deceive then I don't see how the school could hold it against you.