changes to the biology and QR sections of the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thendy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help! Can anyone recommend study materials that reflect the changes made to the biology and QR sections of the DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Has it even been changed? I'm pretty sure this topic comes up once a week and nobody has any clue to whether or not the DAT has changed...

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it 24 April and Bio was basically regurgitated facts ("old" testing method) and QR was as expected.

Most is memorization, but some memorization is more conceptual. I.E. knowing a random definition vs. knowing a a list of the basic assumptions behind natural selection. They test both.

I took the DAT last year without much preparation just to get an idea as to what I was in for and got an average score. I then studied and took it again and the version I got the second time was COMPLETELY different! So much so that I checked 3 times during the exam to make sure I was taking the right test! The biology section was very conceptual and the QR section consisted of stats, interpretation of data etc. I scored slightly higher than the first time but I really want an above avg. score as my GPA is just average. I recently received an email regarding changes being made to the bio and QR sections of the DAT...that was the test I took the second time! I'm concerned that my study materials are outdated and am still unsure as to how to prepare for my 3rd (and final) attempt.