Changing hours in activities when reapplying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

croez

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I were to reapply using AMCAS, would it raise any red flags for me to increase the hours of some of my activities from a previous application, even if that time period ended? For example, I have an activity that concluded in May of 2019, so between the last application and now, I have not added any hours. However, I'm realizing that I didn't mark down the hours correctly and can add a significant amount of hours to some of my activities.

For example, in a research lab I was in, I based my hours off of time spent strictly in the lab, when I could have listed time spent outside the lab doing things like data analysis, presentation prep, etc. Would it raise any red flags if the hours for that lab went from 400 hours to 500 hours in the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't. Schools you applied to previously can pull up your old app for comparison. And besides... the difference between 400 hrs and 500 hrs of research won't make or break your application.