Changing path

Started by citra
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

citra

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,
I am currently a sophomore. I have been doing a lot of research but what i really want to do is pharmacology research and get a Pharm.D. so, a phd/pharmD. However, I have no pharmacy experience. I really love doing research so I'm confused. How bad is it to apply with no pharm experience? Also, if i apply for a PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, and my research background is in neurosurgery/gene therapy will that be a problem? What if i spend 2 years after I graduate as a pharm tech?

Thanks for your help.